Monday, July 8, 2013

Beginings

Welcome to my blog, Honoring Ana. This blog is a space for me to grieve and honor my daughter, Anastasia Maeve, stillborn on March 2nd 2013 at 37 weeks. Ana is our first child, and when we learned her heart stopped beating, so did ours. I had a normal, healthy pregnancy and the reason for our daughter's death is unknown. Our doctor compared it to being struck by lightning, and the likelihood of it happening again is very slim. This of course does not erase my fear of this happening again in future pregnancies. We are currently trying to conceive our rainbow baby (those born after a loss).

I plan to use this blog as a place to share my journey through loss, grief and beyond. It's a place to remember my precious daughter, who though only lived for a short time and never took her first breath, has changed my, and my family's lives forever.

                                Anastasia Maeve Paradis March 2nd, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment